Home Decor Shopping in Bali
If you’re going to Bali soon, don’t forget to stop in Seminyak for some shopping! You can find all kinds of home décor and furniture at a bargain price, and you can ship everything everywhere in the world.
Before moving to practical details, let’s see some examples of what you can find in Bali.
Home Decor & Lightings in Bali
|A photographic calendar @axioo|
|You can change the pics anytime|
|Bar stools covered with printed fabrics at Hobo*|
|Ligthings in fabric, wood and wicker at Purnama*|
A lamp I bought for a little more than 10USD
Furniture in Bali
A crush on Bagatelle* shop and its rattan chairs
|Original creations of Bagatelle|
You’ll find absolutely everything at Warisan* but the prices are a bit higher.
|Traditional Balinese door|
For more classic furniture you can go to Valore*, they have modern indoor and outdoor furniture.
|Glass creations of Focus Design*.|
|Sold with the wooden base for about 50USD|
Gigantic stainless steel sculptures of Chenergy* gallery.
|Another sculpture made by Chen|
Practical details & Delivery
Where to go?
If you don’t have much time, just go to Kerokoban Street (Jalan Kerokoban) which stretches from Seminyak to Kuta. It’s 5 min away from the center of Seminyak (30.000 Rp), 10 minutes from the center of Kuta, and 20 minutes from the airport. But you’ll find home décor shops all over the place in Bali ! You can also customize and personalize your furniture for a very reasonable price.
Shipping furniture from Bali
Furniture can be shipped everywhere in the world. I asked in 2 shops and it’s around USD200 to ship 1 cubic meter to Paris and the same price for 2 cubic meters to New York, whatever the weight of your container. Don’t forget to ask about applicable taxes and/or VAT in your home country.
If you buy from several different shops you can hire an export agent (such as Lys Trading, Bali Export Asia ou Permata International Cargo). They’ll collect everything from the different shops and will send it for you.
Good to Know…
Balinese woods are used to humidity. When you ship them to a drier country, the wood might crack if it hasn’t been properly dried or if it’s of a poor quality. Better spend a few dollars more to avoid that kind of bad surprises.
When you buy brand new furniture, check the Forest Stewardship Council label to make sure it promotes a responsible management of forests.
And don’t forget to bargain!
More Home Decor in Indonesia…
Home Décor addicts : go to Java Island ! Furniture and delivery are cheaper than in Bali and it’s a real paradise for Home Décor and furniture. Java is also a very interesting destination for tourism : less tourists but a lot to see !
- Axioo, Jl. Raya Kerokoban Br. Taman, Seminyak (+62 878 6280 1950)
- Bagatelle, Jl.Kunti No. 4C Seminyak Bali 80361,
- Chenergy, Jl. Raya Kerokoban Br. Taman, Kuta, Bali (+62 361 721 638)
- Christy Furniture & Art Gallery, Jl. Raya Kerokoban Br. Taman No.98, Kuta (+62 361 735 502)
- Dini Art Shop, Jl. Raya Kerokoban Br. Taman No. 93 (+62 361 734 995)
- Focus Design, Jl. Raya Kerokoban Kelod Br. Tama No.1, Kuta (+62 361 847 6154)
- Hobo Store, Jl. Raya Kerokoban Br. Taman No. 105, Seminyak (+62 361 733 369) + Denpasar : Jl Muding Indah 13/3
- Kenny Furniture & Antique, Jl. Raya Kerokoban Br. TamanNo. 96, Kuta (+62 361 730 636)
- Purnama, Jl. Raya Kerokoban Br. Taman, Kuta (+62 081 999 011 941) + Denpasar : Jl. Iman Bonjol Gg 100
- Valore, Jl. Raya Kerokoban Br. Taman No. 86a, Kuta, (+62 361 742 3505)
If you have any recommendation, please post your tips in the comments section below or send us an email (with pictures) so that we can update this article.
Enjoy your Holidays ! 🙂